You know how it is: first your iPhone gets a little sluggish. Then, you drop it a few times (hopefully not in the toilet). You install and uninstall scores of apps, stream from your phone, and overheat it when you play Pokemon GO in the summer. Despite using an Otter Box iPhone case, you’ve still managed to scratch your screen.
All of this regular wear and tear adds up. Most people head to iPhone repair experts when they have major phone damage or can’t access their phone at all, but those little things can add up, too.
Do This Before You Bring Your Phone In
You can try a few simple things before you bring your iPhone in for repair. These actions sometimes fix common issues:
- Trouble charging your phone? Check your charger cable and plug. Certified Apple products work best, and if you’re using one of those brightly colored, gas station-acquired lightning cables, it’s possible that your phone is fine and the cable is bad. Grab a friend’s cord and plug and see if that makes a difference.
- Restart your iPhone. Sometimes we forget that iPhones are pretty much mini computers. You need to recharge them every so often. You should do this every day or two, but most of us don’t do that. Restart the phone to see if the problems clear up.
- Run the phone without the case and charger. If your iPhone is overheating, the protective case may contribute to the problem. Generally, we recommend using a protective cover at all times, but if your phone is overheating, place it on a flat, cool surface (like a desk) and make sure it isn’t charging.
3 Signs It’s Time for Expert iPhone Repair
If the above solutions don’t work, it’s time to reach out to us at Bad Apple about iPhone repair. Aside from obvious problems like phone screen cracks and bricking (phone won’t turn on), you should bring your phone to an expert when:
- Charging problems are intermittent, but increasing in frequency. An iPhone repair expert can check all of the charging components for you. Is it your iPhone or the cords? We can help you figure that out.
- It hasn’t acted right since you dropped it. If you’re phone’s a little off but still functioning, it’s better to bring it in when it’s still working. You have a much better chance of data recovery in the event of a reset, and you won’t have to live without the safety and convenience of your iPhone when you least expect it.
- Phone problems affect your daily life. We depend on our iPhones for safety on the road (with GPS and emergency contact functions). Phones are lifelines to our families, and provide much need connection and entertainment. Most of us also use them for work. Being without your phone, or dealing with a sluggish phone, can negatively impact your work life and relationships. Best to tackle problems before they get worse.
Got iPhone Problems? At Bad Apple, You’ll Find iPhone Repair Experts
We know how frustrating it can be when your phone experiences problems. From cracked screens to software issues, we’re happy to examine your phone, assess the damage, and apply repair solutions. Additionally, we provide warranties on our work and refurbished parts to ease the worry and expense of completing iPhone repairs.
We have many Utah locations. Stop in today and we’ll take a look.